Tuesday 9 June 2015

Our Interview with Ibrahim, Founder, House of Kaya.

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. - Coco Chanel

What is fashion without Fashion Designers? Here is our Interview with Ibrahim, a young talented Fashion Designer . Enjoy ! 



  1. 1. Can you tell us bit about yourself?      My name is ibrahim Abdulmumini Aminu, Am a fashion designer and the founder of House of Kaya. I studied fashion design in Manila, Philippines and Currently the Creative Director of House of Kaya.

2. Why are you in to designing bridal dresses? 
 I don’t only design bridal dresses, but i presently spend more of my creative time with house of Kaya bride creative team.  

3. How do you feel when you get comments over a good-work done? 
I feel very elated, my favorite comments are from satisfied house of kaya clients. 

4. What are the challenges you face in your business? 
I face a lot of challenges but my believe is every business must face a lot of challenges and the ability to over come them with flying colors is what will make your business thrive. 

5.  What is your main goal?
 Wow! i have a lot of goals, firstly is to make House of Kaya a leading Nigerian Fashion Brand Locally and internationally. Secondly is to be able to inspire Nigerian and African youth of today and tomorrow. 

6. Where do you see ur business in 10 years? 
I see House of Kaya far even beyond my imagination because I dream, pray and work very hard. We are also looking at introducing other brands under the Kaya umbrella which includes the Kaya Man, Kaya Woman etc after the success of the kaya bride. 


5. Do you face competition from other designers? 

 Yes I do. As i am not the only designer working for House of kaya, i work with other designers in house and we all want to out do the other in a good way. 

6.  Who is your role model? 

I know i look up to and admire successful people who have broke many barriers to get to where they are but funny enough i can’t pin point one of them.” embraced my face is covered”

7.  What inspired you into fashion?

 I studied fashion design not because my mum was a tailor or because i loved art but i was curious and wondered why we didn’t have many fashion brand in Nigeria.

8. Do you have any- words for young people like u? 

believe in ambition and aiming high. My advice to anyone would be never dare to dream while believing in yourself and work towards achieving it. 





Contact us via arewamagazine@gmail.com 




1 comment: