Sunday 28 June 2015

Diary of a Fat Ibo Lady.

People think there's an age limit for love or crushes. I often ask myself should we picture love in age? When people berate themselves about being too old for crushes, they make me laugh. People think there's a magic cut off point of wisdom and acceptance. Love is pictured in all the media as a thing of the young. By our 30s, people think we reach some sort of maturity and grace. We should leave love for the teenagers.. That same teenagers that they always question their feelings when they call it love. I'm sure there are people who do manage to "grow up" or whatever. But all those books, comics, movies, poems, and television shows are so very wrong.
So many people "grow up" I know that, but that doesn't mean they've given up on love because they've grown up, if anything they have a better understanding of love now. They still have that intense desire and hope for love.
I'm lucky enough to not look my age, yet I do look "old enough" to know better. People don't think someone like me is hopeful and praying for love, they think at my age I should just accept anyone that wants to marry me and get it over with.. Moreover it's not like I'm getting any younger so I should be over love.. I should just focus on starting a family..
But you see, in spite of my age or rather because of it, I still feel things. I still dream. I still feel crushed when people I like don't like me. I don't know if I'll ever stop feeling.
My feelings are not muted by age and experience. I still want love, I still dream of love, I still hope for love, I still pray for love..

1 comment: