Sunday 5 April 2015

An interview with Hafsah Lawal Abdullahi the CEO of Frosty Delights Cakes

My name is Hafsah Lawal Abdullahi. I was born In Islamic Republic of Iran during a tour duty of my father been a foreign service officer. The first five years of my life was in Tehran before relocating back to Abuja.i happen to be the second born of the family with an elder brother and five younger brothers.
I attended Fomwan model nursery and primary school from 1998 to 2003, then Fou'ad lababidi Islamic Academy from 2003-2007, i completed my last two years of secondary school in Nigerian Turkish international college, Kano from 2007-2009. i gained admission into Bayero University, Kano in January 2011 to study Applied Biology and graduated March,2015.
Baking has always been my passion since when i was a child, with my mum been a caterer. she was my source of inspiration. I watch a lot of programmes on television like Cake Boss, Amazing wedding cakes e.t.c.
My baking adventure began during the ASUU strike when i was in 300 level. i got bored of doing nothing at home and i told my mum that i wanted to start doing something. Initially, i thought of doing cupcakes but later told my mum i couldn't do it because i learnt its a very competitive business, Alhamdulillah! with words of encouragement and coaching from my mum, everything went on very well. i started with an order for my cakes once in two months to having orders almost every other day.
I must say i faced initial challenges because of so many competing bakers in town, but all i had to do was to think outside the box and make exceptional cakes, trying out new things that were out of the ordinary. Cake business in all is very competitive, so all one has to is to stand out and be unique in your own way,
My advice to young entrepreneurs is that they should always pursue their dreams, don't let anyone stand in your way or make you believe you can't make it, you will never know what's in store for you unless you try and finally never give up.
By the special grace of God, my dream is to be a renowned baker like Buddy Valastro (The Famous cake Boss), Kerry Vincent among others.

1 comment:

  1. MashaAllah Hafsah, Allah will definitely take u to places u never dreamt of. Continue with the hardwork and always try to be original. Allah ya taimaka...

    ReplyDelete