Monday 27 April 2015

Amylamode Couture


My name is Amynah Usman
I was born on the last day of july,31st of july
Am currently 22 years old.Am Currently studying Civil law at Ahmadu bello University zaria Am in my year 4 now 

I have always loved fashion right from time since my high school days while going to the University my brothers had told me "We hope you dont go to school doing nothing but fashion" For this reason when i started the couture work i kept it as a secret from my family i told nobody because they wil be like wow so you still went ahead with the fashion though my friends knew about it a few encouraged me and some thought it was a joke and laughed but its quite pleasing to say those that laughed back then now come fourth for one or two clothes to be made for them sometimes fashion tips and advice 😀 thats still part of life i guess.I later told my mother about the work i knew she wouldn't oppose me so i told her she was happy,she was proud and she was thankful that i was able to bring my ideas to Life over time my brothers found out on their own to my surprise they were happy and proud they were happy that i was working on being productive in life.


  It was challenging juggling the couture and my school work but i couldn't just give up because it was a little love i found for myself its not easy finding love so just when i found this little love of mine i promised i wont let it go,its here to stay.
   The early stage of my work i got complains from customers which i adjusted and i really thank those customers because you can Never attain greatness without cricisim they made me work harder i looked at the area they spoke about and i paid proper attention towards them.The success of my work is very important to me and am always happy when a customer is happy with me.





   
 For me i would like to say there is nothing like entrepreneurship.I encourage y'all out there to be self dependent its important My advice for the young entrepreneurs out there is you should never give up forget the bad comments you get,forget the mockery you get from your peers as well stand firm and never give up :)

    My clothes are for the classic women out there who love fashion yet struggling to bring modesty back home.Currently I only design for women alone but it won't be long I intend bringing in male designs (male fashion) Inshaa Allah I also want them to have a taste of what the women are getting from Amylamode couture Nigeria. 
In few years to come would love to see my line growing into something really big/huge.

Creative Director
      Amylamode couture




No comments:

Post a Comment