Monday 13 July 2015

“I am not unaware that I have often been a controversial figure" words of Sir Ahmadu Bello.



“I am not unaware that I have often been a controversial figure. I have been accused of lack of nationalism and political awareness because I considered that independence must wait until a country has the resources to support and make a success of independence. I have been accused of conservatism because I believe in retaining all that is good in our old traditions and customs and refusing to copy all aspects of other alien civilizations have been accused of many things, but the views of others have never made me deviate from the path which I am certain is the one which will benefit my people and country. I have always based my actions on my inward convictions, on my conscience and on the dictates of my religion” – Sir Ahmadu Bello

“I am not unaware that I have often been a controversial figure" words of Sir Ahmadu Bello 



No comments:

Post a Comment