Thursday 15 January 2015

"A slaughtered child is being buried in their coffin" (reality of Nigeria) by Usman Zainab.

I write because it hurts, it pains me, it’s dark
I think of my problems and I lose that wonderful spark
A breakup, an argument, some threats from some fool
I sit and I cry wondering why life for me is so cruel

Whilst I waste the time just thinking about me
I start believing my life is an atrocity
I’ll call a friend make them listen so my problems are known
Lying comfortably in bed crying and talking with a dramatic tone

Whilst I’m crying over nothing, reality kicks in
A slaughtered child is being buried in their coffin
Whilst I lament over a missing opportunity
A mother cries over her family buried in a bomblast
Whilst I weep over heartbreak caused by rejection
A woman raped is ripped of her affection
Whilst I worry over money and add up my expenses;
A man is being tortured and loses his senses.
Whilst I cringe over the weather
A family flees from their invaded community
Whilst I stress over the harm that others do to me;
A policeman turns his back to a man on a killing spree.

You see we are selfish when we think that we have it bad
Imagine you were Syrian, Palestinian,Nigerian or even from Afghanistan
You know we are selfish when we worry about ourselves
Whilst a bomb made a woman bury her family of twelve.
You know we are selfish because we do not care;
We have our own issues to worry about so let’s try to be fair.

I kid you not my life has changed
You may call me weird, awkward or deranged.
I live for my generation and to help them is my dream
With like-minded people I’m part of a dream team.
Together we unite and stand by the people.
Follow my heart and reach out my hand.
For my sisters to hold when buried in sand
I will hold you tight and take your pain.
As long as I shall live ill work to make you smile again.

It breaks my heart to see people dying
Even worse when a child is no longer smiling
Our problems are nothing believe me its true
When you next think about it, remember the world’s problems too.

No comments:

Post a Comment